Cardhu comes from one of the oldest of the Speyside distilleries, which have nestled in foothills near the River Spey for 200 years and the Cardhu range is an excellent representation of these Speyside whiskies. Known for its smooth, sweet-natured single malt whisky, the history of Cardhu’s rise to fame is to a large part told in the story of two determined women who were members of the founding family.
Serving Suggestion: The smooth, honeyed flavours of a 12 Year Old Cardhu shine best when served neat or over ice.
APPEARANCE: Golden honey.
BODY: Soft, pleasing and medium bodied.
NOSE: At full strength, heady, nose prickle, pear drops and tightly integrated heather, resin and sweet honey-nut notes. Enticing. Intriguing. With a little water, still harmonious but less pronounced, allowing some malt cereal, soft, spicy wood, moorland and faint traces of wood-smoke to appear.
PALATE: Well balanced, smooth mouthfeel; short punch, sweet and fresh, then a pronounced drying effect. Moorish. Enjoyable at any time, with little or no water.
FINISH: Lingering sweet smoke in the attractive, drying aftertaste.
- International Spirits Challenge SILVER 2009-2011, 2014 SWM-GOLD-2015
- The Scotch Whisky Masters GOLD 2011 & 2014
- The Scotch Whisky Masters MASTER 2009 & 2012 IWSC-SILVER-2015
- International Wine & Spirit Competition SILVER 2007 I
- nternational Wine & Spirit Competition SILVER (OUTSTANDING) 2014
- International Wine & Spirit Competition GOLD (BEST IN CLASS) 2009
- San Francisco World Spirits Competition SILVER 2016